Monday, December 01, 2014

Tian Kee & Co.,

Cr: Weheartit

Hello, today's the first day of December; my favourite month of the year and we are left with only 31 days to the end of 2014. It's funny how time flies and we are always complaining when it's a new start of the year and wanting it to pass fast! Humans are just so contradicting! 

Anyway, the above mentioned also means that one month of my semester brk is over. It was officially the end of my first semester in SIM-RMIT on 31st October. I had my last paper (Accounting) on that day. It was bad but who cares! It's worth throwing confetti because... IT'S THE START OF FREEDOM! So, to celebrate the end of exams (even though I knw the results won't be good), my friends and I decided to go for a food trip (okay, with k sesh in between). So, this was how we celebrated the end of the burden! 

Since Anton was driving, I suggested going to Tian Kee & Co. @ Dakota after chancing upon a photo on Instagram! Tian Kee & Co. is located in the older estates. So, according to one of my friends, this cafe was initially an old-school mama shop and the current owner actually "preserved" the name of Tian Kee after owning this shop. But this cafe will no longer be in operation in 2 years' time and that includes the whole Dakota Crescent estates. 




I'm totally in love with the interior design and the outlook of the estates! I'm the kind of person who love any settings that look like 1990s and before. So nostalgic!! 




We settled with our mains plus one rainbow cheesecake for our lunch. I was freaking hungry the moment my paper was collected in the exam hall. So imagine, I had to tahan for another 1hr (discussion abt the Accounting paper and also where to go, travelling, waiting for food) after my paper ended... Hahah! 

Tian Kee eggs royale

(rlly small) pancakes

Lasagna

Full Breakfast Set

Rainbow Cheesecake

I think rainbow cheesecake is their signature dessert dish but it wasn't as nice as I thought. Maybe because I'm not a fan of cheesecake. Okay, TBH, I don't rlly like cheesecake.

Headed down to Teoheng for k sesh with uni friends @ Bt. Panjang. Okay, as usual, everyone was quite awkward but then we eventually got into the mood and were all very enthu/high/happy or whatever you term it as! We were literally screaming and shouting at the top of our voices! No photos bcos I think there's nth much to take in the room. For dinz, we decided to go Hatched @ Holland Village. See, this is the perk of having someone in your clique to be driving for the day. Go here, go there without any worries! Hahah! Okay, seriously have to thank Anton for driving bcos he sent us home one by one (to all our carparks hor, not the nearest station!!) during our study break! No photos of food from Hatched will be uploaded here because it's not very pretty. The food was okay only. The truffle fries was bad, in our opinions! However, I'm willing to give it a try again but it will be the one at Evans Rd. 

Presenting to you my first uni friends/group mates throughout the whole semester (4 mods)! 



Have a pleasant December! Goodbye! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment