Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Taiwan Itinerary (11D10N),



It's been more than a month since I came back from Taiwan. This trip wasn't my first time to Taiwan but it felt as if it was my first. Reason being the first time I went to Taiwan was tour-guided trip. Everything was in a rush. Shopping time was just a short 1.5hrs or at the very most 2hrs... Had a lil struggle between Taiwan and BKK but we decided to choose Taiwan eventually.

Just like my trip to Korea last June, my family was telling me that 11 days were too long for a vacation in Taiwan. But I thought otherwise! Heh, explained to them that we'd be exploring a few parts of Taiwan. At the end of our trip, I thought 11 days were rlly not enough.

Initially, Zach wanted 10 days. But our return flight was in the afternoon. A bit not here not there, so I suggested another day more and he was okay with it too. I think he's okay because he knows I love travelling and that I'll love one more day rather than being in a rush during our holidays overseas.

As compared to our Korea trip, we were rather relax and chill about our itinerary in terms of planning. We did plan like, 2-3 months before our trip. But as our school work started piling up, we decided to stop planning and I did not even bother with the itinerary even after my exams. Hahah! I was super clueless about Taiwan. There are so many different parts and up till now, I still don't know if Cing Jing is in Taichung or not... This is how clueless I am!

It was only 3 days before our trip that Zach resumed the planning of the itinerary. It's rlly this last minute! Hahah. In the end, I think he didn't plan for Taichung and Taipei. We just list down the places that we wanted to go and that's it!

Itinerary as listed (15th May - 25th May):

Day 1: Scoot @ 12AM from Singapore Terminal 2 to Taoyuan Int'l Airport at 520AM.  Took a shuttle bus from the airport to Taoyuan HSR station > Kaohsiung, Zuoying. Dream Mall > Rueifeng Night Market > Love River > Liouhe Night Market.

Day 2: Booked a cab for the day at 4500NT$. Kenting semi-submarine > 白沙灣 > 猫鼻头 > 關山 > 出火 > 墾丁大街夜市 > 新崛江夜市

Day 3: Kaohsiung to Cingjing. THSR Zuoying > THSR Taichung > 1.5hrs cab ride from the station to Cingjing minsu (Starry Villa) > Cingjing Farm

Day 4: Checked out from our minsu. Booked a cab at 4000NT$ for a day tour in Taichung. Feeling 18 Degree Chocolate Factory > Xin She Castle 新社古堡>  Carton King Creativity Park 紙箱王 >  Moncoeur 心之芳庭 > Checked in our apt in Taichung > Fengjia night market

Day 5: Yi-Chung Bazaar for brunch > The Luce Memorial Chapel in a university > Miyahara Eye Hospital > 阿明師老店太陽堂 > Yi-Chung Bazaar for street food and such

Day 6: Checked out of our apt > THSR Taichung to Taipei Main Station > checked in to our room @ Westgate Hotel (LOVE THIS HOTEL SO MUCH BUT!!!!!) > Q Square > Ximending for Oyami Coffee Cafe and of cus shopping!

Day 7: Booked a cab at 450NT$/hr. We booked a total of 6hrs to Shifen > Pingxi > Jiufen (where we saw Yiyong and Cindy). The cabbie was nice enough to allow more friends to hop onto his car. Cont'd our journey to Raohe night market > Wufenpu clothes market (where Baby and YY bought a lot while Cindy and I bought only one apparel each!)

Day 8: Q Square for Ariel Cafe > Danshui Old Street > Tamsui Fisherman's Wharf > Shilin Night Market

Day 9: Complimentary brkfast at our hotel after missing it for the past 2 mornings > Impromptu plan to: Cafe Waiting Love > Yong Kang Street for DTF > Patisserie La Douceur > Shida Night Market > Back at Ximen for my A-Zhong Mian Xian 阿宗麵線 and sweet potato balls. It was literally a day for food, food and more food! Fats accumulating underneath!!

Day 10: Taipei 101 Observatory > Dazzling Cafe > Wu Fen Pu for 鬍鬚張滷肉飯 > Back to Ximen for: packets of 一度赞 noodle at Carrefour > Shaved iced > O ah jian 蚵仔煎 and sweet potato balls (agn!!)

Day 11: Starbucks at level 35 of Taipei 101 > Back to hotel to pack our luggage and till then, Taiwan! 

The accommodations are in this entry: here.

No comments:

Post a Comment