Friday, July 17, 2015

Taiwan Day 2: Kenting One-Day Tour,

New semester has started and assignments are piling up! Shall now update my Taiwan travelogue before I get real busy with my assignments.


Started our day early as we had earlier booked a cab for the whole day on our first day when we reached Kaohsiung. The booking of cab was NT $4500. Not sure if it's considered expensive. Baby managed to negotiate for a lower price. Not much but an NT $200 wasn't that bad afterall. Their service was rlly good! It's a young couple anyway. Because of their good service, we decided to give them NT $200 as their tips. Not bad lah. Nego and gave them their $200 for tips. Hahah. Nice people are worth our tips!

Anyway, the itinerary for the day was: Kenting semi-submarine > 白沙湾 > 猫鼻头 > 关山 > 出火 > 垦丁大街夜市 > 新崛江夜市

I won't recommend tourists to the semi-submarine actually. There's nothing much and people got very bad motion sickness due to the choppy sea waves/ship/captain.



Looks like this. You can see the marine life from the windows at the bottom. Nothing much, rlly. All we saw was rocks, small fishes, and err... Litters.

Next up: 白沙湾




It's super crowded as it was a Saturday. The merciless sun showed no mercy (LOL!). Bought those two ice pops to quench our thirst. It was quite a stupid move. We knew it wouldn't quench any bit of our thirst but we just wanted smth cold. Anyway, we didn't stay there for long bcos we weren't in the right outfit and it was uncomfortable having the sand in our shoes

Proceeded to our next destination:猫鼻头
Apparently, there's this huge rock that looks like a cat facing the sea. But, no matter how hard Zach and I watched (from all angles), we still didn't think that the rock looks any bit like a cat :/ Ok, this goes to show that we are actually quite bad when it comes to imagining.


We stopped by a beef noodle shop for lunch along the expressway. It was good! Photos rlly don't do justice to the food. The shop was opened by 4 sisters. The name of the shop is something related to 姐妹 too. 



It was almost 5PM when we finished our late lunch. Our driver drove us to a hill to watch pretty sunset! Even though it lasted only for a few minutes, the sunset view wasn't as nice as expected, it was still quite an experience for the both of us! 


Next destination: 出火

Extracted from the posted I uploaded on Dayre:
So according to what Zach, the fuel here comes naturally out from the ground. If someone were to lit a fire to the ground of something, the fire will keep burning until the fuel depletes. Not sure if it's true because I haven't done any research yet.

... Up till now. No research has been done yet. HAHAH!



It was pitch dark. We had to switch on our phone torch for the route



People seen BBQ-ing marshmallow and corns.
 Despite the fact that we are all warned not to go beyond the chained area, people still went ahead to roast their marshmallow and corns. Hahah. Quite an epic scene because it was my first time seeing such thing. Not bad, I like it! Except that when my legs got bitten by mosquitoes, that's totally a no-go thing! Hahah!

Last stop with the driver and tour guide: Kenting Main Street

It was such a pity that I left my camera in the car! Totally forgotten about it and I was feeling quite dampened by it. Yes, I get sad over minor things. But I was happy that my phone camera quality is good! So worries after that! S6 camera is rlly awesome!!

Kenting Main Street is a long stretch of road. That night being a Saturday, the crowd, needless to say, was crazy!





LOL! Too funny not to upload!

Banana crepe

Fried oreo!! 
I swear this fried oreo in Kenting Main Street was perfect!! The oreo isn't sticky to the extent that it's like a ball sticking together when we had our first bite. We could still taste the crispiness of the minced oreo! The fried flour was perfect too! 

Speaking of fried oreo, I'll be going to Geylang Serai with Zach tomorrow! And hopefully, I'm able to try their fried oreo!!

Anyway, back to my trip! Didn't manage to take photos of my food after this because it was so crowded and we were holding onto a few bags of food and drinks. It's kinda troublesome to hold onto my phone while walking and eating at the same time. Sigh pie! My camera!! T_T

Back to the cab and we requested the driver to drop us at the nearest station to the night market we wna visit in Kaohsiung. Not sure if the way back to Kaohsiung from Kenting was fast or not beccause I could nap for awhile before reaching our destination. 

Last of the last: 新崛江夜市

Tried their chocolate ice blend/milk tea. 
My camera tends to focus at the wrong object :/



That concludes our day 2 in Taiwan and our last night in Kaohsiung!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:14 PM

    hi do you still have the guide's contact?

    ReplyDelete