Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Korea Day 3-5: Busan (Meals),

So, here a list of food we had back in Busan. Only one of them is the famous one.
  1. Foodcourt in one of the shopping malls
  2. Street food
  3. Japanese Cuisine
  4. Korean BBQ Restaurants
1. Foodcourt
Yes, you're right! We had a few meals at the foodcourt in Korea! I can't rmb which shopping mall was this but there was no crowd at all. Like I've mentioned earlier, the foodcourt in Korea uses a number system as a queue number. 







2. Street Food


We saw this shop (photos below) selling cocktail on our way back to Haeundae beach and decided to buy one to try. Tried it just after we paid and I was like "woah!! It's nice!" and we decided to turn back for 2nd packet. I forgot what flavours we bought though! But one sad thing was, the alcohol content was rlly low to the extent that it tasted like fruit juice after the 2nd sip. But, what can you expect for a cocktail that is so cheap? ;)




No idea what is this (below) called but it's sausage and rice cake (Tteokbokki) and I rlly love it so much! It can be seen everywhere in South Korea! However, the last sausage is always the spicy one and I had to unwillingly give it to Zach. HAHAHAH! 




3. Japanese Cuisine
So, we were shopping at one of the markets or don't-knw-where (I rlly can't rmb so much in Busan) and I suddenly felt hungry and decided to go for Jap cuisine in a small alley where it was rlly crowded in the noon! Oh, it was also in this area, in a big store, that we both knew the song Eyes, Lips, Nose by Taeyang via Soundhound. So, whenever I listen to this song after I'm back in Singapore, I would always think of the times I spent in Korea with Zach. Yes, I'm listening to this song right now! T_T


Chicken curry katsu

Chicken curry udon
Ft. Mr. Z
4. Korean BBQ Restaurants
So, the boy did some research and found a recommended Kbbq restaurants in Busan called An-Gu (安家) Korean Restaurant


No idea which station did we alight. All I could rmb was that we had to ask a girl who was in uniform for directions (it was rather late and she's still loitering outside!!) even after checking the map-board outside the station. Found the place and we were very happy. The service was mad awesome!! The staffs were so friendly! Highly recommended! They will even cook for you (best pls! Because I hate getting splashed by bits of oil or smth)!! 

I think we ordered beef and pork backbone. A bit skeptical about the word "backbone" but we thought we'd give it a try since it's recommended by the manager! Indeed, it was one of the best pork so far in Korea! 








This was indeed one of the most satisfying meals that we both had in Busan!! 

Then it was another restaurant that we patronised. I have no idea what's the name of the shop but it was in the area of Samyeon! Oh yeah, did I mention that Samyeon is similar to Myeongdong? I didn't buy a lot though. I was afraid that I wouldn't have enough for my Jeju and Seoul part 2. So I decided to leave shopping to the last! 

How it looks like from outside


I love this so muchhhh! 


So my boyf suggested a bottle of beer (bcos the person recommended) and me being someone who dislikes beer, relented and drank a bit. I always have the thought that once someone drinks beer, s/he will have beer belly. Ok, hahah laugh!! That's just 1/3 of the reasons lah. 2/3 is actually because I dislike the taste and smell of beer! So, no thanks! But overall, this meal was good.

Last but not least... Haagen Dazs ice cream that I bugged Zach to buy in one of the convenience stores even though both him and I knew that my cramp would come after eating. BUT, it's overseas! One should always try having ice cream in a cold weather (like what I did back in HK Disneyland)!


*
That's roughly what we had back in Busan. I rlly miss the times in Korea, be it shopping or eating or doing nothing at all. 

On a side note, I can't wait for everything (reno by HDB+painting) to be done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment