Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Happy Birthday, Queen!

Today, 21st July, is Mummy's birthday! Nope, not gna reveal her age because age is women's biggest secret after 25yo! Hahah! So...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MUMMY!! 
We had an advance birthday dinner at Hai Di Lao @ 313 Somerset! It was my first time having HDL and I was so amazed by their service! It was too good to be true! I finally knw why it's such a good experience now! Because Bro had earlier reserved a table for the 6 of us, we didn't have to wait for long before a table was ready for us. Zach and I were the first to reach and the table was ready within 5mins. No chance for a free manicure. Hahah!

There was a long q, as usual. To kill time, ladies are able to get their free manicure while waiting for the tables to be ready or they can choose to have some fruits together with the guy friends instead while the kids can have their fun time in the kids room (with tv s'more! My gosh!!). Nice interaction for the kids! I like!




Didn't manage to get better photos because it was filled with people!


The following photos were what we ordered ystd. There's also mashed shrimps (?) and mixed vegetables that weren't captured! We had 2 of the same soup base as I don't take spicy + seafood, so one is without these two while the other one is without beef (for my 老豆).  But he ended up taking some of the food from the non-spicy side. Hahah!



Pork

Pork belly

Favourite: beef!!

Spicy chicken

Another favourite! Meatball. It has "soup" in it!


白鲳鱼!  It's so good and smooth! Quality is rlly good!


Ended our time at Hai Di Lao with a family shot!


My virgin experience at Hai Di Lao was rlly good! Everything there has nothing for me to hiam at all! Will definitely go back again BUT of cus not so soon! Because it's so expensive :/ Good food and service come with high price too! Hahahah!

Headed home for a mini celebration with a cake! Thanks Fel. Seah for the recommendation!! It's rlly good, omg!

So, I bought Majesty from The Patissier! This cake isn't shown on their website so one has to visit their shop to check for the designs they have on shelf on that day itself! Called in the noon and sadly, the staff was rather rude on the phone. Forget it! Food over service for this ok. Hahah! Baby and I walked from Somerset to Mhd Sultan for this shop and it's freaking far and the sun was shining mercilessly too! But nvrmind, we managed to walk past our late PM Lee's house at Oxley Rd. :)

The cake: it was so good! These are the reasons why I said food over service for this case! 1. It's pretty! 2. It's tasty. The top layer literally melts in the mouth. There's chocolate balls in the middle layer too! My kind of birthday cake. Not chips, but crispy chocolate balls! The bottom layer (sponge cake??) is neither hard nor dry! 3. The smiles on my family members' faces tell it all!

I don't like whipped cream. In fact, I hate whipped cream a lot because it always gives me the psychological effect that once I have a small "bite" of it, I'll gain like tons of weight. So, no whipped cream! But, for this cake... Even though there's cream in the middle, it doesn't give me the fat kind of feeling. It's not thick at all, hence it didn't gimme any tinge of whipped cream feeling. I highly doubt that it's whipped cream anyway!


The inside

我的漂亮妈妈

我可爱的父母

Ma familles.

Love this shot so much!
Bro and Baby have the same smile, while Fel. K and I have the same smile while my parents have the same smile! The only thing extra was my pair of hands. Hahahah! But still, so much love!

Now, 1220am, I'm gna head back to my assignment again! Damn, 2 weeks of break isn't enough! May the time pass slow. May 3rd August come slow! Hahah!

G'night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment