Sunday, January 10, 2016

Taiwan Day 7: Shifen x Pingxi x Jiufen x Raohe x Wu Fen Pu,

Hello! I haven't been here for a month plus because of my vacation work. It's a rlly tiring one as I went for gym sesh with my Dumb as well right after work. Sprained my ankle on Christmas Day making me not able to utilise my voucher fully. It still hurts up till now as I walked a lot during my Penang trip. Yes, Penang trip will be up soon! Hahahah.

But now, back for my Day 7 of Taiwan trip!


SHIFEN 十分 

We booked a cab for a few hours because it's quite inconvenient to get to Shifen. It was a 45mins road trip to Shifen. I was in a totally wrong outfit, or rather shoes, lah. I wore a platform heels because it wasn't our plan to go Shifen on that day. It was drizzling and I thought we'd be going to s'where else to shop but we decided to go according to our initial plan.



That's our cabbie at the left.



Proceeded to Pingxi station to take a look at it since it's just nearby. But it turns out to be nothing much lah. We were saying that luckily we didn't heed a friend's advice to go Pingxi for sky lantern. Hahahah :/

PINGXI 平溪



 

JIUFEN 九份




These sticks here tasted good! This was also the first thing that we bought once we entered the place. Rlly have no idea what's this called but it's the first few stalls along the entrance.


We saw a long queue outside this shop but skipped it because the sign board stated "ginger". Okcans, bcos I dislike the taste of ginger. Hahah! But I won't deny that ginger tea is good for health lah.


Didn't try this the previous time I went to Jiufen so when we walked past this, I told Zach to buy one bowl to share. Mushroom meatballs. I love how chewy it was!



A plus point as it was a real hot bowl of meatballs when the weather up there was pretty cold!





Expression says it all. Good!
 

One does not simply go Jiufen without trying this peanut ice cream! It's daaaa bombz!!!!


 



It was lip-smackingly good!
Anyway, that was unintentional one. It was a candid shot while I was licking the ice cream off my lips. LOL! We had one each because I demanded one to myself. HAHAHAH! Then I bought another one because having one is just not enough!! Baby decided to skip the second serving because he said it was too cold for him.





I had this dessert cold previously so we went for hot this time. Still delicious! And while we were having this, we saw YY and Cindy there too! Such a coincidence!! Decided to meet after we finish walking the place as we would be going to the same place after that and it would be more convenient to lobang them there too. So we cont'd with our own shopping at Jiufen separately.




RAOHE NIGHT MARKET 饒河街觀光夜市



Too dark, too lazy to edit the lighting!





Our buy within a short 15mins of walk




This (also referring to the photo below) is not nice!!




Love this even though I'm not an onion person



WU FEN PU 五分埔

A place where the two guys spent more than the girls. I bought nothing over there while Baby spent about SGD100++ in just one shop alone!!

Initially I carried the hope of going back to hotel with many bags of clothing but then I was disappointed lah! The reason why I expected it was because the previous time I was there, I bought quite a few apparels here. But again, I think that was all impulsive buy and nothing caught my eyes this time. In contrast, guys' clothings are much nicer here! 


The super friendly salesperson

Sweet potato balls in XMD! My favourite!
I love this sweet potato balls even though there's nothing inside. By saying "nothing", means that there's only air inside. HAHAH! Initially I bought this to try and expected some filling inside the balls but nah, it's better this way actually!

That's all for day 7! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment