Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Japan Day 8: Osaka to Tokyo x Pokemon Centre

Hello,

Welcome to Day 8 of my Japan trip! :)


Today's the day when we shifted from Osaka to Tokyo, which is also the last city that we visited in Japan. We had our brunch at the station before we rushed for our train. #ForeverRushingForOurTrainsLOL

Anyway, we settled for a restaurant that serves curry rice because nothing else caught my craving. It was during lunch time and we waited for almost 20mins for 2 plates of curry rice to be served, while rushing for time. Just imagine how fast I had to gobble my meal. Damn!!

Omelette rice with Pork cutlet


Brought our Uncle Rikuro's cheesecake over
Had the cheesecake on the same night and erm, sorry but my verdict ain't accurate. Not a fan of cheesecake, and never have I liked cheesecake too. But Mr. Z said it was really good and HE ALMOST FINISHED EVERYTHING!! Indeed a cheesecake lover over there! Oh, there's some berries at the bottom of the cake as well.



We arrived in Tokyo to find that it's raining heavily. We had to drag our luggage with a box of cheesecake and brolly. Mr. Z decided that I took the brolly and he was drenched so badly. Boohoo! We had to collect our keys at another bldg so Mr. Z went alone while I waited at the lobby of our apt. It was quite troublesome ah! We also found out later that the place where we were staying at was quite near to the red light district of Tokyo. Hahah!!




This custard stick is damn bomb! We saw people queuing for this stick at the underground of a station and decided to join the fun. Too bad we didn't take any vid on this day. It was quite therapeutic watching them filling the stick with custard cream! The best part was, this stick was crispy on the outside yet not hard to bite!!

Tried the one at Takashimaya after I was back in Singapore. It can't be compared lah, seriously! Lol! The one at Takashimaya was really hard and it poked my gum too many times! Anyway, the first place we visited in Tokyo was...
The Pokemon Centre!!
I was tasked to do something there because le Bro wanted me to get some Mons back. Hahah! I ended up going crazy there ah! We were there for a few hours until they pulled the shutters down! Bought a few soft toys but missed a few because some of those that we wanted were OOS. So we decided to go to another Pokemon Centre in Yokohama the next day to check it out (in next blog entry). I almost wanted to buy that Charmander home! It was only SGD78 but I thought it was really huge and my room doesn't have space to keep another huge soft toy, so I decided not to get it after contemplating for the longest time there! Quite a bummer thought lah.













Left and we headed for our sushi craving at s'where near our apt. 


The sushi restaurant was full of smoke! One thing I realise about Tokyo's restaurants was that even though they asked you if you'd like to be in the smoking or non-smoking area, there isn't any door that separates the two zones. So be prepared to breathe in oxygen together with all the 2nd hand smoke. We almost died at the restaurant. HAHAH! I couldn't breathe properly and felt like my lungs were choking. I didn't enjoy my dinner at all.



Ate hurriedly and left because we could no longer stay in the restaurant anymore. Not sure if there's any leftover. I felt super sad about it and wanted to go for another round of sushi but my stomach stopped me from doing so. T_T

We ended our night early for Yokohama the next day! Looking forward to our experience at the Cup Noodle Museum on this night! 

On a side note, I'm glad that today is a Public Holiday (Vesak Day) in Singapore!! I'm really tired of working. The thought of doing something that I dislike really gave me no motivation in waking up early at all! I've been oversleeping lately BUT NOT LATE FOR WORK. Hahah, what an irony! But, on a positive note, weekdays are approaching! :) 

Goodbye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment