Sunday, October 15, 2017

TRAVELWITHLEEN: Taipei day 3 - 5,

Hello,

Down to the third day of my Taipei getaway with Mum!

Here goes...

Day Three

On this day, we visited Taipei Main Station, Wufenpu and Raohe Night Market.


We decided for a long time on what to have for lunch. Taipei Main Station can be really confusing eh! Walked to the 2nd level and settled at one Chinese restaurant - 小弄堂

The food wasn't nice but still edible which I'm thankful for! Hahah.





Tbh, I didn't like this meal that much. The pork chop had a chaotar smell or maybe it was meant to be that way lah. The 煎饼 was a lil too hard to our liking. Nope, this meal was only... average.

Next up: Wu Fen Pu

I roughly remember the route to the market and thanks to the crowd over there. We just followed them together with my not-so-good instinct. Before I headed to WFP, I kept telling Mum that there'd be nothing there to purchase because the last time I was there with Mr. Z, I bought NOTHING AT ALL! Even though the first time I went there with my family, I swept quite a lot of stuff lah.

This time, I went crazy over their culottes and midi skirts! A bit too exaggerating because I really bought a lot to the extent that it was a bit hard to hold all the bags and packing was needed before we headed to the next venue!



Raohe Night Market was next and last in the itinerary for the day. The night market can be reached by foot. Checked the map (I'm not a good navigator) and relied a bit on my memory. I knew I was at the right direction when I saw a station. Hahahah! Always trust yourself!



What is Raohe Night Market without eating their signature 胡椒饼?




I'll definitely try this again on my next visit! :)

Dragon's breath
So apparently, there was a set of rules to abide to if you'd like to enjoy this cup of instag-worthy snacks.
1. Using the satay stick, shake the biscuit for 3 secs. This is so that the biscuit would be dry from the liquid in the cup.
2. Blow it before you pop it into your mouth
3. Bite it as fast as you can and do not leave it on your tongue for long because it would sting / freeze / numb your tongue. 
Quite interesting eh? Though I felt a sudden pain on my teeth prolly due to sensitive teeth :( Anyway, yep! I'm no longer a suagu because I finally tried the Dragon's Breath!!



Day Four


Today's the most tiring day out of the past few days and so, our itinerary as follows: 永和豆浆 > Tamsui Market > Fisherman's Wharf > Shilin Night Market > Back to hotel for packing

I only found out on the 2nd day that 永和豆浆 at Ximending was no longer in operation. I was quite bumped by it. Searched the net and found another outlet in 大安 and we decided to head there for brunch despite the hot weather and long journey there.

Tbh, the place isn't far from the station however the 34°C made us thought it was! The walk from the station to 永和 was unbearable! We felt so relief upon reaching because... FANS!



温豆浆,蛋饼夹油条 & 酥饼
 To which I only approved of the warm soy bean milk and 油条 because their fried dough were really cirspy though oily...

I would really love to compare this stall to 复航豆浆 but sadly time didn't permit us. Or rather, we were really drained during this trip and Fu Hang closes at 1230pm. Perhaps in 2 years' time... :)

Made our way to Tamsui station which was about 50mins away from Da'an station. Damn tiring and I both Mum and I fell aslp on the train. I wouldn't have visited Tamsui (and Fisherman's Wharf) if Mum didn't say that she wanted to because the previous time I visited this place, I told myself it'd be the last time. The journey.......... Nonetheless, I'm glad Mum enjoyed it!



Continued our journey to 淡水码头 to catch the ferry to Fisherman's Wharf.






Here's the start of the spamming of photos at Fisherman's Wharf!!!


















Sadly, time didn't allow us to stay for sunset. Something that Mum missed it because we had to rush for Shilin Night Market next. Purchased the tix back to the pier before proceeding to the next venue where we spent more than 4hours walking the whole place. We even had to rush for the train service for fear that we'd miss the last train there. HAHAH! Yep, we didn't take any cab services throughout our trip here in Taipei! ;)

The first stall "we" patronised at the night market was Smelly Tofu stall. LOL! My mum said she loves the one at Shilin NM and she still approved of it that evening. Just watch the video at the end of this post and you'll see!

I just couldn't stand the stench that comes from smelly tofu. I could already smell it from a distance while Mum kept saying that she didn't smell anything at all. I had my first and last try of smelly tofy in HK a few years ago and that's it! I wouldn't want to try any smelly tofu anymore though it's really "smell-less" when you eat it.




Oh, I bought my fried ice cream here too! No photos but tested and proven! Vanilla isn't as nice as chocolate fried ice cream!!

Bro texted me "please try the 鸡蛋糕 at Shilin Night Market!". I didn't regret making the decision of heeding his advice! These cute shaped egglets-alike are really crispy on the outside!





Cheese baked potato
It was also at Shilin NM that I finished spending all my NT$. I bought 2 pairs of shoes (palms and heels) for NT$390 each. Bought a few culottes; midi skirts and tops from the last shop that we patronised before leaving the NM.

Officially broke over here even before our last day. HAHAH!

Day Five



Also the day when my eyes felt really dry and swollen... T_T

Walked arnd Ximending to find s'where to settle our lunch after checking out from our hotel. We settled at a shop - 天天利美食坊 - that sells local 小吃. I approve! I tried their carrot cake previously with Mr. Z and it still tastes as nice this time! :)


NT$95!!!




 I'd go for the beehoon if I were to visit again! Mum ordered that and I was so tempted to exchange mine with her HAHAHAH! Ok, kidding!

Next agenda: to buy Taiwan snacks before leaving the country. Ximending has a few shops selling such snacks. We anyhow hamtum one shop and Mum spent a total of SGD$172++ in that shop just for the snacks can you imagine?!?!?!?!!!





Last agenda: shaved ice before we regret not having it!

Perfect for the weather!


Went to Taipei Main Station for some shopping before we headed back to our hotel to retrieve our baggages. Our driver was already at the roadside waiting for us since erm... 30mins ago? :/


Till then, Taiwan! You've been nothing short of amazing!

Ending this post with my novice vlog! Goodbye :)


No comments:

Post a Comment