Sunday, March 11, 2018

TRAVELWITHLEEN: Beijing Day 9 & 10,

Hello!

It's down to the last two days of my Beijing trip. It really took me so long to do it!

Day Nine: Forbidden City x Capital M

We started our day by visiting a 小吃店 for their local breakfast - 豆浆油条

The shop is really small and seats are limited. Not sure if that's the way of doing their businesses in China. We settled for this 小吃 bcos I was legit craving for 油条. I mean, how can you not have their local delicacies/breakfast when you're in a foreign country, right?




I wanted to get these crispy stuff but the staffs mentioned that they don't sell that alone. They would fry it together with the omelette which I found it a bit gross? Like, why would they cook smth crispy tgth with a wet dish? I think it's just me lah.

And it's also me that I will always place my food that is crispy or fried on one side of the plate. I will even "scoop" the rice over and make a "hole" just so that I can place the fried food on the dry part while those with sauces would lie on my rice. I'm weird like this!


Oh yes, they don't sell 油条 alone too! The fried dough fritter is sandwiched between the omelette. I t can be seen in the above image. Imagine how disappointed I was after knwing that they don't sell fried youtiao!


Their 豆花 was bland AF. Not sure why. The one in Singapore is flavorful with sugar syrup but theirs are really bland and totally not what I would go for! It tasted super thin! Sorry but this is totally MEH!

After this, we walked to Forbidden City, like finally!




We rented these for free so that we could understand more about the place. It comes in different languages. You may choose between Mandarin, English or French and more.




We came across this huge tank that everyone was snatching to touch their head as shown below. Totally have no idea what that signifies!




We ended our trails not long later and decided to find somewhere to eat - 金鼎轩

鸡丝皮蛋粥
This congee is really good! I ate most of it because I was feeling uncomfortable and this soothed me so much! The crisp was awesome!

蜜汁叉烧包

黄蛋菜尖

Fried mochi

Steamed Spare Ribs with Black Bean Sauce

Carrot Cake



Walked arnd the vicinity and decided to proceed to 前门 as we were gna have our dinner at a restaurant there.

It was Capital M. Initially Mr. Z said that shall be our candle-lit dinner as I was supposed to fly over alone to find him without my mum. But now we made do with my mum as well. HAHAHAH!




The Starters.




Foie Gras with salted caramel & pistachio brittle
apple chutney & toasted brioche
Sadly, this foie gras wasn't what I had expected it to be! Mr. Z and I prefer the usual cooked and soft kind instead of cold ones. This tasted really cold, hard and erm... Butter. We got sick after a few small mouthful of it.

Risotto
Me loves risotto!!!
Duck Leg Confit

Crispy Suckling Pig

House-smoked Salmon

Truffled Mashed Potato
Chocolate Fondant
Apple Tart




Happy girl with happy stomach! 
We headed back to our hotel to rest for awhile before Mr. Z and I headed out again for K sesh at a nearby mall. The one that is cheap was super crowded and we had to wait for 1hr? We sourced for another one and it was really expensive but erm. If you were to calculate, it would be cheaper lah because it was like SGD50++ for 6hrs? That's if you were to really stay there for 6 hrs. The room was huge too!! But too bad, we stayed their for only 2hrs because people from other rooms were smoking and the aircon had this cig smell which was rlly choking. And I felt like I was gna faint anytime!




 Day Ten: Back to Singapore x Last Phase of LDR


We had our brunch at the place where we had our lunch on the 3rd day because it was so good!

Salted Egg Mushrooms

Vegetarian Dumpling


Sweet & sour pork

Fish congee

Stir fried beef noodle




This concludes my trip to Beijing during Mr. Z's 1-yr of exchange program. Never will I want to experience this kind of LDR again however, sadly, he is now away for his family trip in Italy. /Rolls eyes gaogao/!

Goodbye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment