Sunday, May 20, 2018

Vietnam: Where We Went In Ho Chi Minh City,

Hello!

This is a long overdue post because I've been busy with work and some personal stuff! #whatsnew #whatsnot

Anyway, I am gonna update about the places we've been to during my trip to HCMC with Mr. Z.

Cu Chi Tunnel 

It was a Saturday and we decided to go for Cu Chi Tunnel tour. You may enquire for more information from your hotel. We booked for this tour on the day when we checked in to our hotel. It's more legit this way lah. I cannot remember how much this tour costs per pax. It wasn't as cheap as we thought. The journey to the destination was about an hour long...

According to Wikipedia, Cu Chi Tunnels are the hiding locations for the Viet Cong soldiers back during the Vietnam War.


The famous hidden hole


Look what's in the trap hole!! 


So apparently, the soldiers in the past dug their own trap holes for the enemies and placed sharp stuff inside. It's an instant yet slow torture. Just imagine if the victim didn't die immediately, but slowly...



Sweet potatoes


People in the past mostly survived on sweet potatoes. Not sure if it's bcos of the nutrients or that it can easily fill one's stomach... We tried the tea and sweet potatoes. Verdict: not to my liking. I wouldn't survive if I was one of them during those times!

Central Post Office 


We didn't stay here for long because tbh, there was nothing much to see? Just a very pretty post office that's all.









But ok lah, it was an eye opening experience lah.

Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica



War Remnants Museum






This place consists of historical facts (I hope it is) and images of how the people in the past were being tortured. It was really unbearable.

Mr. Z and I were filming and taking photos respectively but we stopped doing so after entering the station below. We thought it'd be good to stop doing that because the atmosphere was quite bad and the methods of being tortured was even worse!




We took a break because I was too drowsy from my medications the previous night. Some chocolate ice blend as my tea snack!






I forgot who told me but someone actually said "this could be a good place if you want your kids to behave!" LOL!

Independence Palace








Thanh Dinh Catholic Church 

We dropped by this church as it looks pretty on the Internet and it was also one of the must-visit places in HCMC.




Basically, these summed up our 4D3N in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam! :)

Goodbye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment