Friday, February 17, 2017

How I Celebrated My CNY 2017 - Part 2,

Good day!

Time to continue with the second part of the post that I stopped halfway. First part can be found here!

2nd February 2017 - Chinese New Year Day 5

We were supposed to satisfy our cravings at Man Man by Teppei BUT IT WAS CLOSED THAT DAY! This taught us a small lesson: to check their website or Facebook during festive seasons if not it'd be a wasted trip!

Since the restaurant wasn't opened, we decided to take some photos before searching for a place to eat at nearby!




Top: The Closet Lover / TCL
Bottom: Hollyhoque / HH 

Settled our lunch at a tzi char place nearby (I have no idea what the place is called) bcos it was crowded with office workers and the menu looked good with 月光河粉 and also because Baby always has no issues where to eat. So when it comes to food, it's always me picking the place UNLESS he's being forced. Hahah!


We also ordered 小白菜 with mushroom. Now yknw my will-eat vegetables! And see, the moonlight horfun looks so good! So far, I had only tried moonlight horfun from two places. This & KEK Seafood. If asked, I'd definitely prefer this place. It's not that the one from KEK Seafood isn't nice. It's just that, personally, I prefer dried horfun that isn't too salty/black. Oh, the one from this tzi char place doesn't taste too oily too :)

Just let me add the one from KEK Seafood here to compare the appearance of the it! Or maybe it's just me who cannot accept another kind of dried horfun lah.


Very happy from my lunch!
Nowhere to go and we decided to head down to a place where we used to date often back when we were still two secondary school students - Vivo City!! Since we had time to kill before our dinner, and because our tummies were still full from the lunch earlier, and that we haven't watched a movie in theatre for almost one year, we decided to check out the movie list at GV. Bought tix for this...


Sorry but I would only rate it 2 out of 5 popcorn. No doubt it was a comedy. But it's too lame ah... At some point of time, I was like errrr... Totally didn't know that there's another CNY movie, which many commented that it's nice! Okay lah, timing wise didn't match ours too! Spent some time at the rooftop garden before we made our way down to the restaurant for our advanced anniversary, which I'll post on another day!

 After dinner, we took Uber down to the Floating Platform for Angbao River. We reached just in time for the fireworks at 9PM! Anyway, it's our first time there as a couple because we took no interest before but this year, we decided to try something new and boy it was quite interesting! Didn't try out the food though because, FULL FROM DINNER!










3rd February 2017 - Chinese New Year Day 6

The day you flew back to Beijing to complete your exchange. Woke up beside you (which is rlly the best thing ever), prepped and waited for my parents to come pick us up at your place before heading to their airport. But before that, we were trying to fix this paper VR set we got from one of the booths at The Floating Platform. Ah, it was a failed one lah! The cardboard itself was flawed so Baby couldn't get it done.



Fortunately, this time, I didn't feel any tinge of sadness about Baby's departure because I know that we'll be seeing each other again in less than two months. I'll be flying to Beijing in end of the March!! YAY!



Top: MDS
Bottom: Anticlockwise / ACW

We had a quick meal at a cafe nearby before sending Baby off. I can't wait to see you alrdy!





4th February 2017 - Chinese New Year Day 7

Met up with the girls and house visiting @ Cons'. Her aunt brought the kitten, Pebble, over and we were all quite glued to it. Or rather, me! It was just one month old!! Anyway, its mother, Tabby, was met with an accident when she was pregnant with Pebble and another kitten. I think it was a car accident or was it ran over by a bicycle? But either way, the person was just too cruel to leave the helpless cat there!

So her aunt was rlly kind and adopted Tabby. Brought her to the vet to remove/give birth to the kittens. But unfortunately, one of the kittens died. I can't rmb what was the cause but I'm sure Tabby felt rlly sad not being able to save her cub. Anyway, the aunt was told that the operations would cost about S$2000 (3 operations if I'm not wrong). She is currently doing some crowdfunding online. Can actually click here for more details.

ISN'T PEBBLE CUTE?! So precious!








One last look before I left Cons' place. Pebble is really too precious! Please don't grow up too fast because I'm somehow quite scared of adult cats of your breed, Peb! HAHAH!


Today is the day when Niantic launched Gen 2 of Pokemon Go and by 4PM, I've alrdy registered 20 new pokemons into my Pokedex. I started out at 10AM though. Hopefully I'll be able to finish catching all 80 before I stop playing again!

Goodbye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment