Thursday, February 16, 2017

How I Celebrated My CNY 2017 - Part 1,

Hello Readers, if there's any!

Firstly, I'd like to wish everybody a Happy Chinese New Year! This CNY has been nothing short of amazing! Therefore, I would want to type it down into this entry to remind me of what makes me happy during CNY 2017! I wish that everyday could be like this too!

YZ, who was away for 5 months, was finally back for CNY. He came back for 8D7N to celebrate CNY '17 with me (!!), family and friends!

26th January 2017 - Eve of Chinese New Year Eve

The day when he came back!

As usual, I'm not sure if it's just me or what. But I can never look forward to smth nor be excited about it. So, I kept my mood calm when 26th Jan was approaching. Dad sent me to the airport at about 1030am and I waited for almost 2hrs at Terminal 2 with no entertainment, just my iPod. #BestGirlfriendAward LOL! 

Then I finally received a message from Baby that he had landed and woohoo! The excitement started kicking in and then I saw him at the luggage belt but that area was being a burden bcos he waited for quite some time for his luggage to be there. But yay! Happy to be reunited with him again! 

No photos of us at the airport because I was too excited about his arrival. There's only one Snapchat video taken but I'm lazy to upload it with my voice in it HAHAH! 

Headed to his place, bathed and to my place to help me with my room, especially my wardrobe. My wardrobe was in a mess but thank God for him! :)

27th January 2017 - Chinese New Year Eve

Morning was spent at the temple with his family to pray for his late Grandpa. Afternoon was spent at my house with house chores again. 

Then it was time to prepare for our reunion dinner @ Zi Yean Restaurant in Commonwealth area. It was a menu for 6-pax, with 7 dishes including yusheng, which costs almost $400. We decided on this after doing research for so long because this is the only restaurant we came across so far that had only one dish that I couldn't eat because... Seafood.



It was our first louhei of the year! The food at Zi Yean Restaurant was average, I would say. I lost the list of dishes that they had that day so below would be the dishes (without the exact names). 



Chicken slice sharks fin

Steamed fish

小白菜 with mushroom & abalone

Broccoli w prawns

ee fu mian

Dessert: Red bean soup + barley

28th January 2017 - Chinese New Year Day 1 

Just like last year, I woke up early and headed down to Baby's place to bai nian. This year, his family couldn't celebrate CNY, so no mandarins are required. Had lunch and went to somewhere nearby for OOTD. Yay!



The outfit that I was wearing wasn't a romper. It's a set of top and bottom. I think most of them bought the apparel separately to match with a different top/bottom. But I was just too lazy to think of what to match and tadaaaa! Decided to buy this set instead.

Outfit: Fayth / Faythlabel
Shoes: Superga

I love their apparels so much but it's a sad thing that Fayth doesn't come with accumulations of points when you purchase from their websites or retail. Or not that I know lah... Hopefully, there will be this system in the near future bcos their apparels aren't on the affordable side too :/ And that's my 4th pair of superga!!!! Shows how much I love their shoes! I won vouchers from my ex-company event, so why not! ;) Paid only $9.90 just for this pair of $69.90 white superga! Totally worth it!!

Left Baby's house at about 6PM and headed down to Grandma's place with my family. He came at night instead. We were the 2nd family to arrive? One of my cousins ordered buffet for dinner from Neo Garden. It's much more affordable than the ones we had in the previous years! Other than the dishes as shown below, there were prawns and desserts as well but I didn't have the latter two.


Is this considered a lot? I felt so full after having just one plate of serving but others could go for second serving! I would love to eat more though, because there's one of my favourite there!


29th January - Chinese New Year Day 2 

Day two was maternal grandma's side where we all would head to one of my uncles' place in Bedok. It's no longer Pulau Ubin after my late Grandpa passed on after few years ago. This was also the first time Baby went to bai nian at my maternal side even though he has seen them a few times before. Hahah, my aunts commented that he is skinnier now! Please ah, eat more! If not it'd be seen as if I abused you! 


Fresh look before my make up's gone! 

My romper: Fashmob
His top: Praise


Down to Gugu's house to chill before uber-ing to Baby's house for dinner. Woot, dinner that day was sumptuous because there's 盆菜 with lots of scallops!! Now yknw what's the "favourite" I was referring to above (though that was a different kind)!


30th January - Chinese New Year Day 3 

As usual, the clique would visit Wei Jun's house on one of the days during CNY. It's a norm since almost a decade ago! Come to think about it, we've known one another for more than 10 years. Wow! We had steamboat for lunch. Wei Jun's mum is the friendliest mum I ever met amongst my friends. Not that others aren't nice, but she always has topics to chat with us. This group of friends would know!



Gambling sesh next! The only time of the year when gambling is legal! SGag has the meme of having 4 blackjacks at once while for Baby, he had 3 blackjacks happening at once at WJ's house. LOL! And, aren't these cards pretty?! I can't rmb if it's $12 or $16 though.


Left at 6PM while the rest were playing Werewolf on Telegram. No idea what game was that, and totally not interested :/ It's a sad thing that we left without taking a group photo. We would usually take before everyone left but YY and Cindy left early that day.






Family came to fetch us and headed down to Boon Tong Kee where we had our 2nd louhei and reunion dinner before Baby heads back to Beijing. We were told to wait for at least 30 minutes for an available table. So, camwhore time!









Of course, we didn't order just these! I wasn't feeling well so Baby had to takeover my duty and took a few photos before erm, we gave up taking? More banluck & in-between session when we reached home.

Chinese New Year Day 4 was basically spent nua-ing away at home because Baby had to rush his report as it was due on that day itself. I shall keep the second half of How I Celebrated My CNY 2017 to the next entry!

I will be back... 

No comments:

Post a Comment