Thursday, April 24, 2014

Dinner with the April Babies,

It took me more than an hour to edit the layout of my blog last night. The result of staying up so late just to edit the template is: nothing but headache. Actually the reason is because I've 2 consecutive off days today and tomorrow! After these 2 off days, I will have to work all the way till next Wednesday for my next off-day. So, why not? I'm still trying to figure out how to edit mobile template though.

Recently I've been reading up on the posts of some famous bloggers in Singapore (during work). The bloggers are all so pretty! /Give the spazz face/

*
Celebrated the 2 April babies (belated) birthdays a few weeks back. We were supposed to have Marmalade Pantry for dinz but the q was too long and we had to wait for so damn long. So we decided to change to a Chinese restaurant (?): Lu Gang Xiao Zhen by The Asian Kitchen. From a more-of-Western cuisine to Asian one.

It's a pity that we had to split into 2 tables as there were a total of 7 of us. These were what the other table (Sylvia, Martin and Wei Jun) ordered. I had to kneel onto the cushion-chair (or whatever you call that) and stretch my body just to take all these. That's just one of the few disadvantages when we split tables! /death stares/





Then, these were what we (Huey Zhen, Constance, Kai Ting and I) ordered:


I love the 烧肉 so much that I didn't bother eating the 烧鸭. The skin of the roasted pork was really crispy that I could hear Mama chewing from a distance (not too far though). This can be compared to the one I had during Arthur's 1st birthday!

Apple-smth + chicken soup.
I seriously didn't knw apple can be cooked and be served with a soup. Apparently, apple soup is good for people who have phlegms. Not bad!

My Scallop fried rice (agn!)

Tung Hoon

Broccoli + mushroom 


The last dish was not rlly nice. The chicken meat was rlly rough and I had only one piece of that. Told Mum about this place and I'm gna return for their roasted pork for sure! Seriously a 5-thumbs up even though it can be quite oily. But then again, I will just remove the fats and eat the rest! Though that's not the right way to eat a roasted pork.

No pictures with the humans (as a clique) because we all departed without taking any group photos. The next time I'll be seeing some of them will be the day we are going BKK on the 16th May!




On a side note, 9 days more till Baby returns home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment