Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wheeler's Yard,


I've been wanting to go to Wheeler's Yard since quite some time ago. So, I met J on one of my off days and off we went to Wheeler's Yard. It was quite hard to find. I was so lost even with the help of Google Map. Apparently, the blue indicator on the map kept moving around even after I stationed myself at one spot to check for the navigation.

Took Bus 145 from TPY interchange and alighted 4 stops later. The bus stop we alighted was very far from the place. I felt so cheated by the map once again. We had to walk like 2 streets (or 3) to reach ONLY Jln Ampas. Walked further in to Lor Ampas and Wheeler's Yard is located just opposite Balestier Warehouse.



I love the concept of the cafe. It has those nostalgic feel to me. They have what you call the typewriter near the counter, batman on the counter, big containers filled with childhood snacks.





Then, I saw the cakes and I was so tempted to order. But I'm not a big eater, hence I decided to forgo that. I will definitely be back for you (and truffle fries) soon!


My Wheeler's Yard Big Brkfast @ $19.90
J's Beef Burger @ $16.90
Hmmm, I don't really like the way the scrambled egg is cooked. I can't exactly describe the type of scrambled eggs I like. I regretted not ordering sunny sides instead. I didn't finish the toast as well. But I love their hashbrown. I tried a bit of the fries and kinda like it. Thus, I would love to go back for their truffle fries. I hope it will be good too. According to J, he mentioned that the beef burger was good. So y'all might wna try the beef burger instead. Otherwise, big breakfast with sunny sides and not scrambled eggs. Just a suggestion.




I'll be working tomorrow when it's PH for most of the working people out there. But I'm glad to say that I will be having another 2 consecutive off-days after tomorrow. And now, it's time for my dinner. Goodbye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment