Sunday, March 08, 2015

Korea Day 8: A Day With The Driver,

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY! 

Day 8:
One week passed so fast when we were in Korea. It's our 8th day in South Korea, 3rd in Jeju Island. On this day, we decided that we shall hire a private cab so that we didn't have to flag for cab after visiting each place. Flagging for cab in Jeju Island can rlly be a bij! They were nowhere to be found esp when the places are beside small roads and big roads are quite a distance away from the place!

I can't rmb how much we paid for hiring a cab for 8 hrs. All I could rmb was, we had to pay hard cash........ But it's okay! Bcos we managed to go to 6 places (excluding lunch). Oh, anyway we hired the cab thru the hotel's receptionist and the driver's name is 将先生, a Chinese-speaking guy.

Jeju Mini Land
TBH, I kind of regret coming to this place. The admission fee was 9000W each (about SGD11). It's not the money that I regret. It was the weather. It was raining heavily since morning and there's nothing much that we could do because we were wrapped up with raincoat and I couldn't even take a proper shot of the mini stuff. Managed to take a few with my phone camera......... 








Trick Art Museum
Decided to head down to a tourist attraction that is indoor so that we didn't have to take a brolly/wear raincoat - Trick Art Museum (8000W each). Damn! I just realised that the admission fee in Singapore's TAM is so expensive :/ It was only SGD10 in Jeju Island. Okcanz! It's a good thing that we've visited the one in Korea. Anyway, we spent approx 3hrs here because there's rlly a lot of things for you take photos, not to say, having fun too!





I can haz long legs too HAHAH

We can also do single handstand yo!!
And climbing the wall too!



Seongeup Folk Village
Proceeded to Seongeup Folk Village next. Oh, it's free admission. There are a few ajummas (aunties), who are also the residents there, were there waiting for tourists to appear and be their guides. 大长今, the famous K-Drama was filmed there. And apparently, the statue (as seen below), known as "grandfather stones" (dolharubang), is built during wartime. According to the ajumma, Jeju Island had more females than males during that time as the men were all sent to war which led to many death rate. In order to scare their enemies, they built these statues and lined them up along the sea line. Their enemies would then think that there were many men protecting the area and wouldn't dare to do anything. This is why many of such statues were seen in Jeju Island. Also, you are advised to touch the nose of this status if you wna have a baby boy. Hahah!! 



No photos bcos I can't find any that can be shown. HAHAH!

LUNCH
It was lunch time and Zach and I were craving for ramen at that time so we requested the cab driver to bring us to a good ramen place for lunch at Yeondong Street. I was full of anticipation until........ I saw the photo on the wall. It was our version of maggie mee! It was a rlly small maggie place too! 





No, we weren't that happy as seen above! I was telling Zach wthell?! This is ramen? The ramen I wanted was like what we had a few days ago man! LLST was what we had in our minds. The noodle was spicy too! Oh my! 

SEONGSAN ILCHULBONG
The cabbie parked his cab at the carpark of Seongsan Ilchulbong for sightseeing. Wanted to go for hiking but nah! I wasn't in proper attire and I think I would freeze to death if I had done so! It was alrdy so cold for me just by standing at the carpark to take some photos! I had to even tell Zach that "Let's go back to the car cus I'm freezing!" 


JEJU FOLK VILLAGE
Proceeded to Jeju Folk Village next at 8000W each. No photos again bcos it was raining heavily again!! Okay, I think my comment for anything that has the word "Village" would be okay lah / nothing much! 

MYSTERIOUS ROAD
Came across a site that talked about the mysterious road where cars will continue to go uphill despite having its engine switched off! The cab driver demonstrated with a bottle full of water. 


This also marked the last destination we went with the cab driver! He then sent us back to our hotel via a super duper dark road. Oh my! The expressway in Jeju Island is so freaking dark! They don't have street lights at all and it was scary to see the oncoming cars coming at high speed! :/ I had no choice but to make myself sleep during that journey.

Had our dinner at a RAMEN place near our hotel to satisfy our cravings because of our lunch! During lunch, we were feeling pretty sad as we thought it was our last day in Jeju Island which means one lesser day in Korea. But as I was looking thru our itinerary, I was like... "Baby, do yknw that we actually have one more day in Jeju tomorrow?" Our eyes brightened up! I was laughing at Zach because he skipped a date in our itinerary and that explained why! But well, yay to one more day in Korea! Hahahah! 

*
First MST of the semester on Friday (the day before yesterday) - Marketing paper. I was like wthell are all these the moment I read the qns! It was indeed a tricky paper! All I hope now is a PASS will do! Speaking of which, I had yet to complete my task for Marketing proj. Then there's Macro assignment and BStats too! Sigh! The pace of this sem is rlly fast as compared to prev sem!! 

Zach and I have yet to plan for our TW trip which will be in May! Flight booked in Dec/Jan but our accommodations are still hanging arnd. Itinerary as well because we are both busy with our stuff. Too lil time...  

Goodbye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment