Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Penang Day 3,

Continuing from where I stopped previously...

Day 1:
Batu Ferringhi Beach >Ferringhi Garden Restaurant. 
Day 2:
Penang Hill > Cafe G Seventies - The Backyard > Piknik > The Camera Museum > Chew Jetty > Gurney Drive Hawker Centre 
Day 3:
Pitt Street koay teow th'ng > Penang War Museum > Pinang Peranakan Mansion > The Alley > Chinahouse > Batu Ferringhi Beach > Patio Bar De Tapas 
Day 4:
Bricklin Bar Cafe > Penang Times Square > Basil, Le Bistrot > Gurney Paragon > Gurney Drive Hawker Centre

DAY 3 

Started our day with Pitt Street Koay Teow Th'ng! It's one of the "must go" list when you're in Penang!! Some may have to share table with strangers but it's okay, we all eat at lightning speed because it can be quite warm inside! Hahah








The bowl of noodle looks bland but trust me, it's definitely not at all!! There's something about the fishballs too! I can't rmb what the filling was but the fishballs tasted real good! I've nvr eaten such balls before :/ Would I go back for this again if I were to visit Penang in future? Definitely yes! What's there to reject about this? It's cheap and yummy!!

We then cabbed down to Penang War Museum where it was once an abandoned place after WW2 but was founded by someone again in I-forgot-which-year and they decided to make it to a private museum and open to public with a reasonable amount of entrance fee.

Oh, this place is also listed as one of the haunted places in Asia. Erm, actually... Sorry, but I wouldn't recommend a couple going alone. If rlly and want, go in a big group, like maybe a group of at least 6 people? Sorry, I never believed in odd numbers for such places. Call me superstitious or whatever you name it! Hahahah!

Everything as shown below is real and none has been renovated/re-designed before...


















Most of the photos weren't taken by me. It was taken by the Boyf instead because I felt rather uncomfortable at one point of time but still decided to follow ze Boyf to finish the whole trial. Anyway, most of the photos were also deleted bcos 1) I felt rlly uncomfortable the whole night after that trip to the museum 2) I had this weird dream (one night after I touched down in Singapore) where I could hear, not just one but, a few deep voices talking at the same time.

Anyway, we proceeded to Pinang Peranakan Mansion after this where I got a bit more relaxed after the war museum... Mentioned previously that we missed it due to the wrong timing and we made sure that we visited at the right time this time round! Some of the photos as seen below...





Sorry, we just had to...






So pretty!!
RM8 for bird's nest! SHIOK! 




Done with the mansion and we were feeling hungry by then so we headed down to The Alley for some churros that Baby had been longing for. The exterior of the cafe is actually quite misleading... The signboard of "The Alley" was hung at a corner and it was actually a bit camouflaged eh! Sorry maybe we both cocked eyes!





The churros were good! It was fluffy on the inside. I think it'd be better if the outside is a bit hard to crispy kind? But overall, 2 thumbs up! We chose caramel and chocolate sauce and I absolutely love the chocolate sauce!! I think I finished most of the chocolate sauce lor.

And since we only had churros, and feeling still a bit hungry, we decided to drop by Chinahouse where there are a few cafes! You get to choose which you want and maybe sit near the area or smth. We settled our meal at the area near the entrance of the place. I have no idea what that particular booth is called though!






Scrambled eggs w/ homemade beef patty, tomatoes & cheesy foccacia


The dish of scrambled eggs tasted okay whereas the fruit salad tasted so much better that I ate almost everything hahahah! Walked arnd and chanced upon a famous ice ball online but unfortunately, it wasn't opened on the day we visited. Walked down the street and saw another shop selling so yep, purchased and regretted right away because IT WAS SO BLEND!!!! There's not even a tinge of syrup tasted please!!!!

No go!

Next stop was Batu Ferringhi Beach again after 2 days. This time, we camped at the beach to take photos of the sunset! I love the set of photos so damn much!!














Made our way to Patio Bar de Tapas after the sun set for our dinner. As the name says, it's an Italian bar that sells pizza and other Italian food as well as alcohol. This place was searched by Baby and he said it's one of the recommended places in Penang where people can chill at!







My happy boyf after a satisfying meal


No idea if we walked or cabbed to another place for a light supper for loklok but before that, we had this snacks called Apom that costs only RM0.50!!!







I think we walked back on that night because we had too much for dinner and supper... I was feeling bloated ah because of this...

Apple orange

But it's kinda cool to know how to do takeaways for drinks. It's a bit different from how we do it in Singapore.

And again, because this is a super long entry, I've decided to make Day 4 into another entry itself. Heh, goodbye for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment