Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Japan Day 3: Arashiyama Bamboo Forest x Gogyo x Chojiro,

Hello,

Here comes Day 3 in Japan!

First place we headed to, even before we had our first meal, was Arashiyama Bamboo Forest! I've been told by one of my friends that this place is kind of overrated but as a tourist, I still decided to go as planned.

I mean, what is Kyoto without going to Arashiyama right? :)


So we took a train from Kyoto station to Saga-Arashiyama Station. Have no recollection of how long the train ride took but it was cool because of the scenery we saw along the way. The old rise buildings near the train tracks that you see in Japanese movies came to live! I can't emphasize enough just how much I love their buildings! Oh, I have the same feeling for buildings in Hongkong too! I hope to go back to HK again soon though I've just been there last June!

Ok, I digress!






It was quite crowded on the day we visited this place. Like what my friend mentioned, it's filled with tourists and you can never find a place or time to take a proper photos at all! It's like when Mr. Z was about to take photos of me, or us, there'd bound to be a group of tourists coming from behind us. If we were to take photos facing the crowd, our photos would turn out bad because of the direction of sunlight. Bad, just bad!




The group of tourists are cute though

The main point here is that I look so Photoshopped! 
Poor boy. I totally forgot about his photos. Moments of being too self-absorbed? :/ Mr. Z said we'll visit Kyoto again in future because we love how laid-back their lifestyle is! We'd definitely need more of such moments when we start working!

Anyway, the boy thought that these photos are good because he positioned me himself. HAHAHAH!



We entered Tenryu-ji Temple with the entrance fee of 500yen if I'm not wrong and it turned out that the place had nothing much to view except for... Greenery!

Ultra love for my hair colour here! 




Came across a stall selling mochi and wootwoot, must try! I gulped most of them because Mr. Z knows that I'm a glutton!



Entered a random ramen restaurant as we were famished. I can't remember the name of this restaurant but tbh, any random ramen eatery in Japan would definitely make a good ramen for sure! No doubt!




Headed back to Nishiki Market for a stroll before we went for our dinner at Gogyo Ramen 五行 - The famous burnt ramen. This restaurant was recommended by one of my cousins. They served us appetisers I think because we had to wait for a long time before our ramen could be served. The tofu wasn't bad though it was cold. Cold dish perhaps?


As we couldn't decide what to eat, we ordered two of each flavour to share. There are a few other flavours available such as Shoyu, Shio and Tsukemen, we ordered the usual because we really couldn't decide. Our bowls of ramen were finally served after some time. We tried the soup before having the first spoonful of ramen. Our thoughts: we didn't like the smell and taste of char. Disclaimer: this is purely based on our own preferences! Both Mr. Z and I have quite similar taste buds. I mean, I'd definitely recommend it to people who wanna try something different! :)

Kogashi Miso-men (Burnt Miso Ramen) - 890yen

Kogashi Shoyu-men (Burnt Soy Sauce Ramen) - 890yen


After our dinner, we walked to Gion District to camp try our luck and see if we could find any Geisha. Here's the link for more information about Geisha. It was drizzling, so we had our hopes low. There was another Caucasian couple who were there with the same purpose too and they managed to capture a very nice photo of a Geisha coming out from a restaurant! While we didn't manage to take a really pretty photos of the Geisha, the number of photos we took were more than enough.



After some time of camping outside the restaurants, we decided to go for supper at a famous sushi restaurant - Chojiro! The entrance would lead to to a staircase and there you've to wait before you get an available table/seats. We waited for almost 20mins before we got called in. I really love their sushi! SO FREAKING FRESH!









We realised that we over-ordered after the staff behind the belt counter passed us our plates of sushi for the 4th time... Just look at the amount of sushi we had! 真的是饱到 ~ I felt really bloated for the whole night and had a very bad indigestion. HAHAH!




And this was how we spent our day 3 in Japan! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment