Wednesday, May 14, 2014

ReStore Cafe,

Hello!

Monday was the last day of my 1.5 months of work! /POP PARTY POPPERS!/ I wouldn't say it's bad because most of the colleagues there are super fun and nice to talk to. So, I've been working for a Japan company in Takashimaya Shopping Centre. The person who interviewed me said it is an office. To my surprise, it was actually more of a counter/store. I guess there was some miscommunication. But anyway, I thought it would be as boring as my previous job which I quit after my 5th day. It was boring but at least I could surf the net when there's no walk-in customers. What's even better is that I could even watch my drama at the counter (without sound though) and in the store. Of course, that's only when one of my colleagues isn't working on that day. LOL! Oh yes, I'm jobless now!

*

So, Baby came back from Europe on 3rd May. It's been almost 2weeks! I had my consecutive off days on the 6th and 7th so we decided to go cafe-hopping on both days. We visited ReStore cafe, like finally, on the 6th!

The best thing which I've done on that day was that I brought my camera and spare battery out BUT NOT THE MMR CARD! Yes, go ahead and say that I'm forgetful T_T. So I lived with my phone camera throughout the whole trip. Just look at all the shaky and unfocused photos below. Sigh...


So we ordered two desserts there to share:

Chocolate, Almond, Banana waffle @ $9.80

Creme Caramel @ $6.80

We didn't really like Creme Caramel. I'm personally not a fan of custard pudding but I thought should give it a try. Baby and I kind of regretted and said that we should have tried Lemon Bundt Cake instead. But anyway, ReStore Living is a really small dessert cafe with quite a few vintage items. I especially love the tea cups set. Don't you think vintage items are pretty? 




Narrow walkway

Headed to town for Superga but sadly, the colour that I want is still OOS. Had sudden craving for fries and so Baby suggested EwF since I haven't tried that before. Zoomed in from my phone image hence the bad quality.

I was deciding between BBQ and Sour Cream & Onion

Sour Cream & Onion Fries

Initially I was shocked by the amount of "white powder" when B opened the packet. I thought it would be bad but boy was I wrong! It tasted so nice esp when it's these kind of skinny fries. I hope the BBQ fries will be nice too!

Down to Chinatown for our dinz @ Maxwell Hawker Centre. It's a pity that the char kway teow was filled w chilli. The food was nice but sadly, the attitude of that stallholder wasn't. Took Downtown line for the first time to Bugis for dessert @ Ah Chew Desserts.

Honeydew + watermelon sago x grass jelly + longan 

2 more days to my 4D3N BKK trip w few of my favourites. I hope the situation in BKK is under control right now and forever! So many things to do but I haven't even started preparing for it. Time to go, goodbye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment