Sunday, July 06, 2014

Back down the Memory Lane - Malacca Trip,

This post happens because I'm too bored at home.

I realised that I didn't post anything about my Malacca trip at all. Shall update about it now while I can still rmb almost 90% of it!

This took place in May last year when I was still having my internship. I rmb that my Supervisor said that he would have given me off day on the day I left so that it wouldn't be rush for me. Le sigh, I didn't knw that we could take leaves during internship. Me being one coward, didn't dare to ask for it as well because I was afraid that it will affect my results. But, I requested one later for my party chalet in July that year.

Well, anyway, it was a Friday and my trip took place in the evening time. Just imagine, having work in the daytime and not regretted not taking your bags for the trip for work and you gotta rush back home from Marymount and down to Kovan for the bus coach. A bonus: it was raining heavily during that evening. So blessed that Dad fetched me from work and down to the bus interchange even though it meant that he had to rush.

The evidence of rushing down from work.

It was a 6-hours bus ride when it was supposed to be only a 4-hrs ride. I think it's due to the heavy traffic at the custom and also it was the start of a wkend! So we reached our bus terminal at 1am and took a cab to our hotel: Hatten Hotel Melaka. Look at the interior design of the room! It's freaking big for 2. There's even 2 television sets and a sofa. Look at the bathroom!!! I rmb vividly that I went "OMG! THIS ROOM IS SUPER NICE!" Oh yes, this is also a pretty new hotel. I rated it 4.5 out of 5 stars!

P.S.: Photos taken with both of my old LX 5 and iPhone 4 so the qualities aren't as good as the current camera.



Pool view from our room

Settled down and ended our first night on Friday. It was a 2D2N trip anyway...

Prepared the next morning and went to the places we wanted to explore. Actually not so. I didn't take part in the planning of the itinerary so I just followed wherever they led. I rmb going to a very old church which required us to climb many flights of stairs. I almost wanted to give up halfway. We also went to Jonker Street. This is the place we stayed the longest because we headed there in the daytime, went back hotel to put our things and rest for awhile before heading back for some night walk at the same place. They sell different things during daytime and night time so it's best to go there twice. Oh, I became chaotar on this day too bcos the scorching was being merciless that I could barely open my eyes. I even applied sunblock, wore my shades and cap but no, who would have knew all these weren't enough at all!







Down to Jonker Street where we started by having a bowl of ice kachang each to quench our thirst and heat.


It's a pity that we didn't enter San Shu Gong at all due to time constraint. I heard that it's a must-enter when one goes to Malacca. Probably the next trip to Malacca, I will.


Jonker Street:



Passing by...

I rmb that we were each carrying very heavy things but I forgot what they were. I guess one of those was this that we were carrying...


This sweet yet tasty drink comes in a carton of 6. I was fascinated by the design of the bottle and Sylvia was telling me, "I'll share with you if you wna buy." So, in the end we bought a carton and got 3 each.  They also have this Ding Cha selling bbtea. As usual, I ordered mine to be chocolate ice blend. Not sure if it turned out nice  but at least it quenched a lil of our thirst once again.


Yay, finally it was night time and we headed down to Jonker Street once again for dinz. We walked all the way to the end of the street and settled our dinz at a recommended tzi char coffeeshop (according to one of the girls).


I'm very sure that we ordered more than this but I couldn't find the photos in my folder. So yeaps, only meefen presented. HAHAH!

Then, it's time for smth that I love: STREET FOOD!

I was amazed by this cute lil thing called egg ice cream. And fried ice cream which I bought before noticing the egg ice cream. But me being a glutton, I decided to buy the egg ice cream as well and share the fried ice cream with the girls. HAHAH!



Then it was the first time trying sugar-coated haws which 冰糖葫芦 in Chinese. It was also my first time trying this and wow! It was nice but it contains high sugar level so, one is enough! I chose grapes to be the choice of the fruit inside.



Black ball

Fast forwarding to the next day, which was also the last day of our trip...

The sisters went for a swim while Sylvia and I just roamed arnd. These are the views from the pool. There's even a small bar counter at the pool side for you to relax and drink after a swim. 


Checked out of our hotel and took cab to another hotel for the coach. But before that, we had our lunch at a Peranakan restaurant.





Then it was time for us to board the bus back home. While passing by the custom, look what we saw!

A RAINBOW!

Not forgetting SG Flyer

This was the aftermath of staying under the sun for the whole day on the 2nd day in Malacca... Just focus on my shoulder. My colleagues even commented on how dark I've gotten when I was back the following Monday. It took me quite some time to get back to the skin tone I used to have... Or maybe, not.

My face was sharper back then...

Counting down: less than 1 day to the start of uni life. T_T Ok bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment