Friday, July 25, 2014

Forty Hands x Plain Vanilla Bakery,


Met up with this group of poly friends for brunch last Friday @ Forty Hands. I've been telling ze Boyf that I wna visit this cafe since a long time but we always didn't have the time to go until now. Just that it's me with my friends instead.

Forty Hands is located at Yong Siak Rd in Tiong Bahru area. It's actually very near where my relatives are staying! Not too late to know. Anyway, it was rlly crowded when we arrived (during lunchtime) but we managed to get a table fast. Also, the place is very small and has a very narrow walkway for the people to walk in.



Proceeded to the counter for our order and here's what we had:

Salmon Hash @ $18

The Big Bang - Pork @ $16

Eggs Cocotte @ $16
We felt a bit cheated esp the Twinny and Peiying who ordered The Big Bang, pork and beef respectively, because the portion wasn't big at all (according to the two girls). I didn't ask about the taste of their Big Bang though. Adrian ordered Egg Cocotte which is consists of 2 poached eggs and mushrooms (these are the 2 that I can rmb) and 2 slices of bread while I ordered Salmon Hash. For my case, I could count the number of salmon CUBES I had. Yeap, the salmons are cut into shapes of squares in the bowl. Despite the few cubes I had, the taste of the salmons were rlly nice. Just the type of cooked salmon that I like. Neither rough (for texture) nor hard (to chew). What's best is, mine has skinny fries!

I like my fries to be skinny instead of those thick fat ones. Reason being, skinny fries can be crispier than fat ones. I like it when it becomes just a lil soggy. So, I'll be munching away if the truffle fries we order as a side dish comes in skinny kind.

We left Forty Hands and proceeded to the shop opposite: Books Actually. It's a very cosy store that sells all kinds of books. From fictions to non-fictions, from history of Singapore to books that teach Singlish (if I'm not wrong), from tote bags to stationery. Basically, almost all that you can think of.

The below three photos are taken using my phone, hence the bad quality. 



Remember this?
Walked a lil further down the street and we saw Plain Vanilla Bakery! Another one from my list down!! But I will definitely go back agn bcos I didn't try their cupcakes (I was too full from my Salmon Hash).






The two girls with their cupcakes and drinks while Adrian and I ordered just drinks. My tea was tasteless, as what Twinny had guessed. According to Peiying, salted caramel cupcake is awesome! Plain Vanilla is rlly a nice place to chill, and not forgetting to snap some photos, because we stayed there for almost 2hrs (or more). Time flew too quickly. 

It was my first time out with Peiying and Adrian but definitely not the last time. I had a great time going out with the 3 of them!




*

Quite sad that my 3 weeks of break will be ending in one week's time. School has been sucking my body battery. 1 month more to the submission of individual assignment and I'm not even 1/4 done with it yet. I can't wait for uni to be over!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment