Tuesday, July 01, 2014

BKK Day 3: Mr. Jones' Orphanage / Union Mall,


Happy July! It's my birthday month and no, not looking forward to it because erm, school is starting next Monday... Can't imagine the amt of workloads piling up soon T_T

I'm back from my Korea trip on Monday morning (530am)! But I shall continue on my BKK trip before posting on Korea trip with Baby. 


*

Day 3:
We had our brunch @ Mr. Jones' Orphanage at Siam Center on Day 3.


This is a cafe with many cute teddy bears and train tracks. I love the ambience of this cafe rlly very much. Good thing I've a friend who planned the itinerary and knowing that I would wna visit cafe whenever I go overseas, she decided to put this in. Good choice!





Even their menu has all the bears next to the drinks which made it rlly cute and tempting to order all just bcos of the teddy bears.


Here's what we ordered:

Fudge Brownie

Red Velvet
This tasted rlly normal. Really... I think Artistry's is nicer in some ways.

Chocolate Ferrero
One of my favourites in Mr. Jones' Orphanage because it is... FERRERO ROCHER! I love the bits so much that Sylvia gave me most of the top part.

Mum's Apple Pie
Marshmallow Waffle

Banana Waffle




That's Right Oreo

Hot Tea


The drink I ordered was That's Right Oreo and it was awesome! The best oreo milkshake I ever had, no joke! I'm personally not a fan of oreo milkshake but the name of this drink caught my attention and I decided to try it. 

Then it was photography sesh at the table where they display their pretty cakes...






Walked arnd Siam Paragon for awhile and realised that there's nth to buy at all bcos it sells high-end branded products, almost like our Paragon in Orchard Rd. 


It was then that most of us decided to take their MRT to Union Mall @ Phathon Yothin Station. Their MRT "card" is actually a black token. Kinda cute! 


Reached the station within a short while and this was where I went crazy shopping for clothing bcos the first few levels sell rlly cheap clothing. IT'S A MUST TO GO I TELL YOU! This place is quite similar to a place in Korea. More info when I'm on my Korea trip posts. Oh ya, it's also quite messy! You have to know which sides have you visited. To avoid confusion, we decided to walk like a snake in a zig-zag way. But kinda fail ah... Cus it's kinda challenging when you wna recall which shop you need to re-visit. My navigation always fails me so I'm lucky to have Martin and Sylvia to help me in recalling. ;)

However, one can rlly stop at level 4, if I'm not wrong. Bcos from that particular floor onwards, the prices of the clothings increase tgth with the level of the stores. HAHAH! Okay, it's rlly not that affordable actually. Happy with my purchases and trained back to the station nearest to our hotel. I kinda hate this part bcos the station is quite a distance away from our place. We had to walk for quite some time before reaching. Approx 7-10mins? Imagine being tired from all the walks during your shopping. Okay, excuses. Hahah! No photos of Union Mall because I was busy shopping and lazy to hang my camera on my neck the whole time.

We decided to go for foot massage before heading back to our hotel since it's just along the street (before our hotel). Shiokness to the max, please! I rarely go for massage in SG bcos I'm afraid that they will use 100% strength and bcos my pain tolerance is freaking low. But my aching legs told me to try out thai massage. Luckily the one who did my foot massage was a young lady so I requested not to use too much strength on my legs. And yes, it's freaking comfortable that I felt like slping halfway while using my phone. I was telling my Mum at that time that I was having some massage and her reply was, "You're so brave!" Anyway, it was an-hour massage for foot.

Settled our dinz at the wanton noodle place @ Sukhumvit Soi 38 (Thong Lo Station) that I wanted to visit. This time it's only me, Martin & Wei Jun bcos the rest mentioned that they were too tired and wanted to stay in the hotel to rest. It was alrdy 9plus when we reached. But anyway, we filled our tummies with the noodle and mango sticky rice and a few more finger food before heading back to our hotel.





Rushed to bathe and walked just 2 mins back to the massage lounge for our 2nd round of massage. This time was shoulder massage and it was an hour as well. And again, it was another young lady who massaged for me with half the strength (I think?). The 4 of us KO-ed for awhile during the massage bcos it was already 12mn and we were tired after a long day. Thai massage is a must-try when one goes to Thailand.

Nothing beats having a massage at the end of the day in the land of smiles! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment