Tuesday, June 24, 2014

BKK Day 2-2: Chinatown / Asiatique,


Right now, I'm currently on the train in Seoul heading towards Bupyeong station for some shopping. And no, I typed this whole chunk (below) one day before I flew to Korea.

*

BKK Day 2 (part 2):

This continues from where I ended my previous BKK post: here...

Headed back to our hotel to put the loots that we bought and then we were ready for the 2nd part of our journey - Chinatown. After we alighted from our cab, I thought this place looks a lot like Hong Kong.



Bought some finger food and we settled our dinz at a road side stall. I rmb perspiring like some girls who just ended their run (not a lot though but sticky enough) and plus the seats were rather cramped. But the food was good. 4 thumbs up! 





These are the food that we ordered: fish maw soup, oysters omelette and kway chup.

Fish maw soup

I nvr liked fish maw until one day my Mum decided to have that for steamboat. Maybe bcos I didn't knw that it's fish maw and nvr knew it could taste so nice. The texture is nit smooth but it didn't felt disgusting. Just, maybe an edible sponge in my mouth. I was so happy when I saw this bowl of fish maw being served to our tables. I didn't knw they ordered this. We shared, anyway. I was happily eating most of it because Sylvia doesn't eat. So it's left w only Martin, WJ and I eating this. Guys being guys, always generous! :D Oh yes, the amt of pepper and vinegar added into this dish completed the bowl of fish maw soup! It was so perfect! 

Oyster omelette
Say no to oysters because it's seafood. Don't ask me why I can eat fish, abalone, sharks fins but not prawns, lobsters, oysters... Idk why either but I just can't consume those. I can only eat the cripsy parts of the eggs that didn't come in contact with the oysters. Hahah!

Kway chup
This is super duper spicy but... I love the shiokness. I'm not one who can take spiciness. Not even a bit. But, this dish is worth the risk. I think the spiciness comes from pepper and not chilli, that's why I could still manage the spiciness even though there's' fire' in my mouth. The kway over there was very thin unlike the ones in Sg. Best part of this dish is: pork liver! Again, I didn't like it years ago until my Mum (again) who told me the benefits. I'm don't eat fruits on a regular basis so my mum would always say "eat this!" whenever there's pork liver in my bowl of food. Mums are always the ones who urge us to wat healthy. Of cus, Dad as well but perhaps Mum is the one who takes care of our meals most of the times.

Anyway, pork liver isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I started liking it after awhile. However, one can tell me to eat pork liver BUT NOT THE KIDNEY!!! For this, Baby and I are the opposite. He eats kidney but not the liver.

Walked a lil further down the street after dinz and we decided to head down to Asiatique River by tuktuk for the first time.


My first experience on a tuktuk was: SCARY! Esp when the driver was making a turn. I was hoping that he would slow down or at least step on his brake a lil when making a turn. But no, that turn was quite sharp and fast! T_T 5 years of my lifespan gone. Oh, it adds up to 15 because friend was leading us the way and we had to J-WALK!!! People who knw me will knw that I DON'T KNW HOW TO CROSS BIG ROADS LET ALONE J-WALKING IN BKK!!!! But, that was a fun experience! But no, I was telling them that I wanted OHB after that experience.

Cute ah: Doraemon!


Reached the pier and q-ed for the boat for less than 15mins. And here we are: Asiatique the Riverfront.






Then they decided to go for fish spa (incl. me) for 15mins. I wasted money for the first 10mins bcos I didn't dare to get my feet down and I kept lifting my legs up. That was my virgin try anyway. That ticklish yet not ticklish (more of painful but not painful) feeling... Idk how to describe the feeling of having fishes arnd your feet biting your dead skin (sometimes the hair). I didn't like it at first until 10mins plus ltr. HAHAH! Waste money. But it being only 150 Baht, I guess it's not expensive at all to waste the first 10mins away :/


I was holding onto Sylvia's hand so tightly and even abused her. Hahah! I knw she will be reading this blog somewhat or somehow - you're awesome, Sylvia! :D But, also no fish came to my feet even though I've alrdy relaxed T_T




Then we met this friendly couple who are from Australia and have alrdy been living in BKK for a few months. The lady works in Chinatown here in Sg as well.





Back to the pier for boat ride back to where we came from. The q was super long after us. Luckily we went there earlier.


Can you spot Nichkhun?

Till then, Asiatique the Riverfront...
Day 2 was definitely more tiring than Day 1. We covered 3 places in a day and back to hotel in between. Fell aslp fast as well.

That was how we ended our Day 2 in BKK.

No comments:

Post a Comment