Tuesday, June 10, 2014

BKK Day 2-1: Chatuchak Market,

BKK Day 2 (part 1):


According to the itinerary, we were supposed to reach Chatuchak by 930am. But by this time, we were still in the hotel enjoying the aircon. Reached our destination and most of the shops weren't opened yet. So we decided to start our journey by having our first meal at Sunan Shop. According to the friends, the phad thai wasn't that nice. I ordered a fried rice to share which was better than theirs. LOL!



It was a blazing hot day at Chatuchak. Luckily I applied my sun block before leaving the hotel otherwise I would have gotten burnt by the scorching sun! Not much photos taken at Chatuchak bcos the battery in my camera was burning due to the heat. Exaggerating but yknw what I mean. I was interested in the cold food and drinks than shopping over there (but I still shopped quite a bit over there). The merciless Sun...


Then, we were at this shop where the shop owner/staff was being rlly nice and obliged to give discounts. We bought quite a few watches from her, okay! The watches are pretty but I've yet to wear mine bcos it was loose T_T


We saw this huge teddy bear sitting at the shop entrance and I was so tempted........ If only I could bring it home with me.

With Leanne

Then it was the food in Chatuchak. As it's rlly warm, hot and humid there, all the food and drinks that I could think of is "cold please" though it was rlly unhealthy. Saw this ice pop lady and I was quite fascinated by the way she made the ice pop. No photo of the ice pop bcos it melts rlly fast.



Then it was this small lil shop in the middle of our shopping craze. The girls ordered this maccha-smth to share. 



This! It caught our attentions while we were standing nearby. It's banana coated with melted chocolates with sprinkled rainbow rice/peanuts/almonds/cashew nuts. We bought two with rainbow and almonds. Of cus, I didn't try the one with almonds.





The recommended pork chop and coconut ice cream in Chatuchak. IMO, the meat was a bit rough. The coconut ice cream was nice but me being me. I couldn't eat a lot of coconut related food else I'll get bad stomachache. I had a bit of it and most of the corn was mine and Martin took nata de coco.





Headed back to our hotel to put our things and left for second part of our Day 2. 

*

Going out after this to return my grad robe before meeting Baby. Still thinking if a tripod stand is needed for our Korea trip. T_T Goodbye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment