Monday, June 02, 2014

BKK Day 1: SIN - BKK,

Day 1: SIN - BKK

TBH, I didn't have any feeling of going to BKK until just a few hrs before the flight. That's when I started packing my luggage at about 10PM the night before. My flight was at 1010AM the next morning. I guess it was all because of the protest/riot that was going on during that time. It was a 4D3N trip to BKK but my luggage was filled with so many things. It was exactly the same as my 7D6N HK trip previously. I rlly have no idea how the other girls managed to pack their luggage w so much space in it.

Reached the airport and was a lil excited. Reason being it's the first time I'll be taking plane w friends for an overseas trip. In the past, it's either by coach or boat because the countries are neighbouring countries and it will be a waste of money if we book airplane tix to those countries.


No, that's not my luggage. I was just tired and needed a thing to sit on. My luggage to BKK was like 8 or 9KG (I can't rmb but it's one of the heaviest there). Checked in after the 3 sisters arrived and went for our brkfast. It was my 2nd round of brkfast bcos my mum insisted that I have it before I left home that morning.

I'm a chocolate-person
Proceeded to the boarding/waiting area. Camwhore sesh started here because we had to wait for like half an hr before we could board the plane. More like fooling arnd...




So, for this trip, I travelled with these people +2 who didn't want to be in the photo.



Time to board the plane... 

Take off from SIN

First photo taken after we landed in BKK 

For people who dk, you may get your free SIM-card at the airport. Of cus, the value isn't a lot to the extent that you can use for a day. But that's enough for you to text your friend if you are getting onto a different cab. I topped up the card twice throughout the trip. First on Day 1 after checking in to our hotel, second was on the third day. Well, anyway, we split into 2 taxis to get to our hotel: First House Bangkok. No, this is not the haunted one (First Hotel).

I used the wrong mode and that explains the filter..........



My roommate: Sylvia

The guys' room which Sylvia and I initially got

Headed down to Platinum Mall which is just one OHB across where we were staying. Settled our first meal in BKK at the foodcourt.




No photos because it's nth much. Shopping spree started right after our lunch and I bought the most (as usual). Idk how to control my obsession until Martin and Sylvia reminded me on how many things I've bought. But nope, there was still another 1k or 2k Baht to reach the limit. Left the mall in the evening and headed back to the hotel to put our things before going for our dinz. Settled our dinz at a night hawker in between Central World and Platinum Mall. 


Pron Seafood - famous for salted fish

Deep fried chicken w garlic

Salted fish

Tom Yam (Spicy soup)

Omelette w minced pork

Grilled seafood

I can't comment on the seafood as I am allergic to it. But one thing I can say is, their prawns are so meaty that I could think back to the times when I could still eat prawns. Those were the times... Their omelette was too oily for my liking and chicken was a lil rough :/ I'm more of the drumstick and thighs person. Ended the first day in BKK after visiting Central World. 

*

It's alrdy June. Half the year has just gone by in a blink of an eye. What have I done? Nothing much actually... Graduated and gotten my diploma certificate and I'll be entering a new phase of life in a month's time: university. A tad bit of excitement but at the same time, feeling scared because I'll be missing the orientation camp. Sigh. Shall just hope for the best! Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment