Thursday, June 05, 2014

Graduation: Summary of 2011-2014,


In continuation of this post, here...

So, 3 months later, which was last Wednesday (28/05), was the graduation ceremony of CE, GBS and IFM @ 2PM. I've been looking forward to this day since Year 1. Even more when I saw my mentors graduating last year. Even even more after I've gotten the results for my last semester! It's finally my turn after 3 long years!


We were all given the above slip with our seat numbers stated on it. Kinda sad that I couldn't sit w most of my friends in the Convention Centre. Yes, we were seated according to the first letter of our names. Mine starts w 'Y', so... 




The ceremony ended in about 1.5hrs' time. What's next? Photo-taking sesh! ;)
Sad note: my face was very puffy on that day so that explains the following photos (except those taken at home).



Some of the friends whom I could manage to find. Gotta knw that the other half of the classmates were actually at level 2 :( And yes, the guy at the bottom row is one of my tutors, , Mr YDS (inside joke). He is also one of the few young tutors/lecturers who taught our class. Ya, I guess teachers do play a part in the students' results because if I didn't rmb wrongly, our class did pretty well for BCS. Another reason was also because the module itself was easy.

It was all thanks to these friends (and those whom I didn't manage to take photos w) that I'm able to get my diploma certificate. We would always worry and panic when exams and projs deadlines were approaching. 我们是打不死的蟑螂 - never give up! But I'm glad that we've made it! Some will be furthering their studies while some are gna start finding a full-time jobs. But whatever choices we've made, I guess it's one that we wouldn't regret in the future. Life hadn't been easy for me since year 1 but I'm glad that I have a few friends who stood by my side thru the good and bad times.

Lastly, I wouldn't have done it if not for them - family.


Mum has been the best listener throughout my 3 years of poly because of the workload I had. I rmb it was during year 2 when projs kept flooding in and I was quite lost about what I should do. One of the modules I took required us to think from nothing at all. It was all about your own idea. I was feeling stressed and kept whining to Mum and boyf about it. But it was smth that I felt more than accomplished and satisfying after getting the result! I'm so happy that all of them took time to come for this graduation ceremony! Smth that I felt even happier on that day other than getting my cert. And Baby got me smth that I love too - a bouquet of sunflowers (with a small balloon and graduation bear).

“There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues, the most dominating virtues of human society, are created, strengthened and maintained” - Winston Churchill
*

Took the graduation robe home because I thought I've lost the receipt. Mum also mentioned that she'd rather me keep the robe if I were to rlly lose the receipt. But I managed to find it in one of my bags. So, I'm gna return it next wk. Making full use of the chance while the flowers could still last and robe's still at my place.



我毕业了!

Photos credits: Bro, Boyf, Best Dad and Felicia! 

No comments:

Post a Comment